1: Collection of Information
From time to time the Church will collect personal information from you from our dealings with you, for example, when you obtain goods and/or services from the church, such as your registration for camps, events, training and/or conferences; the purchase of resource material; or other dealings that may require your completion of a form that releases your information to us. This type of information may contain sensitive information (as outlined in the privacy act), such as, your health status; the information we collect is necessary in order for us to contact you and provide you with adequate pastoral care.
All information collected is done so at the willingness of the provider of the information.
At the time of collection we will provide you with information on how to contact the church and the purpose for which the information is required, where practical. If you choose not provide us with requested personal information, we may be unable to provide you with some of our services and/or access to assistance you require.
Where reasonable and practical to do so, the Church will collect an individual’s personal information from that person directly and not a third party. Where this is not the case the case the Church will take reasonable steps to ensure the first person is aware of the information we have collected.
2: The Use & Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Information is generally collected to maintain our link with you by ensuring you are informed and involved within the active life of the Church. Information collected is used:
- In order for us to contact you and to provide you with adequate pastoral care.
- Inform you of events and or services provided by the Church.
- To answer and resolve your enquiry and or complaint.
- To register you for Camps, Seminars, Conferences, Programs, Lincs Groups, Youth, promotions and the like.
- For the promotion of events, products, services and the like, we believe may be of interest to you and the community.
- To undertake market research to assist with the identification of the Church’s needs.
- Personal Information may be released to the third party such as promotions companies; IT and other Web providers and associated companies; catering, accommodation, conference and transport providers; professional advisors such as government departments, medical officers, lawyers and the like; along with different departments within the church and associated entities to the church which fall under theEASTGATE banner. The release of personal information to these companies, professionals and service providers will take place to enhance and/or assist the products and/or services provided by the Church, such as promotional mail outs, Events, Conferences and the like. Should you wish to cease receiving promotional information, a written request should be made to the Privacy Officer.
- To enable people to join a Lincs Group and/or Youth or other Small Group or the like. The name and phone number of the Group Leader and the location of the Group will be supplied to interested parties.
Personal information provided that leads to the revealing of unlawful activity will be released to the appropriate authorities without the provider’s permission.
3: Data Quality
The Church will take reasonable steps to ensure that the providers of information have the opportunity to update their personal information as needed. The Church will take all necessary steps to ensure all personal information collected is accurate and up-to-date, however, the quality of the information retained by the Church depends largely on the provider’s ability and willingness to ensure their information is updated as it changes.
4: Data Security
The Church takes reasonable steps to ensure that all personal information provided is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
At the conclusion of processing personal information provided, the Church will take all reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify that information.
The Church will not take any responsibility for the security of any information provided over the internet, or for any unauthorised access and use of that information.
5: Access and Correction of Personal Information
Individuals wishing to gain access to their private information or make corrections to it will be granted access only when a request has been made in writing to the Privacy Officer and proof of identification is given, upon collection, in person, of the information. fourteen (14) days notice must be received before collection of any information. A reasonable fee may be charged for providing access.
Where the Church is not legally required to provide an individual with access to their personal information, such as frivolous or vexatious requests (as outlined in the Privacy Act), access may be denied. A request for access to personal information that may be deemed unlawful (according to the Privacy Act) will be denied
6: Changes to this Policy
The Church refers to EASTGATE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY INC.
The Information Provider/The Provider of Information refers to you and/or the individual who has provided the Church with personal and/or sensitive information.
You refers to the individual who has provided the Church with personal and/or sensitive information.
EASTGATE refers to EASTGATE CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY INC and related entities.
Personal Information refers to information that pertains to an individual, such as, their phone number, address and other contact information, along with the individual’s date of birth and information and/or an opinion about the individual.
8: Further Information